PHP for Web Designers: Exercise Files
Chapter 1: Introduction to PHP
- Video 01_01: How PHP makes pages dynamic
- Video 01_02: How to use PHP in a web page
- Video 01_04: Storing numbers and text in variables
- Video 01_05: Displaying the values of number and text variables
- Video 01_06: Using functions to manipulate values
- Video 01_07: Adding comments to PHP scripts
Chapter 2: Using Server-Side Includes for Common Page Elements
- Video 02_01: What are server-side includes?
- Video 02_02: Deciding which include command to use
Chapter 3: Using Conditions to Change Page Output
- Video 03_02: Changing output depending on the current time
- Video 03_03: Adjusting the server's time zone
Chapter 4: Working with Multiple Values in Arrays and Loops
- Video 04_01: Storing multiple values in a variable as an array
- Video 04_02: Inspecting an array's elements
- Video 04_05: Displaying an array as a comma-separated list
- Video 04_06: Looping through an array's values
- Video 04_07: Labeling array elements
- Video 04_08: Looping through an array's labels and values
- Video 04_09: Finding if an element exists in an array
Chapter 5: Getting User Input from a Form
- Video 05_01: Getting form input sent by the POST method
- Video 05_02: Retrieving values from a URL's query string
- Video 05_05: Finding and extracting a substring
Chapter 6: Displaying Content from a Database
- Video 06_04: Repeating output at specific intervals in a loop
Chapter 7: Handling Errors
- Video 07_01: Dealing with PHP errors
- Video 07_02: Why is my page blank or incomplete?
- Video 07_03: Tracking down parse errors
- Video 07_04: What to do with "failed to open stream"
- Video 07_05: What does "headers already sent" mean?
- Video 07_06: What does undefined index, variable, or constant mean?
- Video 07_07: What on earth is T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITE_SPACE?